Get VATsmart with this training course designed and delivered by our very own ex VAT inspector, Simone Hurst, with nearly 30 years’ experience in VAT consultancy and nearly 20 years in VAT training.
What will you get?
For £250 plus VAT (of course!) for a 4-hour course:
- Checklists and procedures to take away and implement immediately covering a variety of issues such as VAT Return completion, exports, bad debt relief claims etc.
- A hard copy handout and a certificate to say you’re VATsmart
- A one to one follow up call with Simone scheduled a fortnight later to answer any queries you may have once you have had further time to digest the information.
- A chance when booking to specify your main areas of concern and questions so we can ensure they are specifically covered in the course.
- 100% guarantee that you will learn something you have not thought of before or your money back.
- Training in a small group of no more than 15 people
- A trainer who has consistently been named “the best lecturer” “friendly” “approachable” “funny: making a boring subject fun and memorable” through her practical delivery interspersed with case studies and quizzes with prizes to be won!
- A free goodie box on booking
Who should attend?
The course will benefit anyone who is dealing with VAT.
What will the Course cover?
With penalties being geared towards actions and behaviours of taxpayers, being able to show that you “take your tax seriously” through the attendance of educational events and implementation and use of VAT policies and procedures may just be the thing to avoid costly penalties and unexpected additional VAT assessments plus interest, not to mention giving you comfort you are doing things right.
- Some common definitions
- Application of VAT rates /VAT liability of income
- What if you are charged VAT incorrectly?
- Single and multiple supplies
- What is the difference between the zero rate and VAT exemption?
- When should I account for VAT (tax points)?
- VAT invoices including the invalid invoice procedure for input tax and self-billing.
- What is the VAT liability of recharges (incluing disbursements) ?
- How do you complete the VAT return (including coding of expenditure) ?
- Input VAT recovery on entertainment, gifts, motor expenses and expenses generally
- The step by step guide to correctly claiming VAT bad debt relief
- Partial exemption and non-business basics
- How to adjust for errors
- Import and Export of goods
- Import and Export of services including reverse charge
- Reporting requirements for international trade
- Penalties and interest on additional VAT assessments
- HMRC VAT control and what to expect from them
- Overview of VAT schemes and tools to help
- Basics of land and property including capital goods scheme, rental and service charges
What will you get out of this course?
In addition to the 3 Cs, (Confidence, Comfort and Certainty) you will be aware of VAT issues and how to avoid them.
Next Course Date
The next course date is Friday 27th April 2018. To book a place on the course you can buy your ticket for £250+VAT through PayPal using the link below: